Are you in the process of searching out all of the coolest tools for your kitchen? Or do you find yourself blending a lot of food while it is still hot? If so, you should consider buying a stick blender. They allow you to mix almost anything without having to worry about hurting yourself. And if you are like me, that is something that is always a possibility when you are in the kitchen.
These nifty little tools are not your ordinary blender and your kitchen is truly missing out if you do not have one on hand.
What is a Stick Blender?
A stick blender is also known as an immersion blender. It is a handheld blender and can be stuck into the food to blend without making a mess. That may sound like a typical blender, but unlike a standard blender, it can be immersed in the food right in a pot on the stove. That means you can mix hot foods without worrying about burning yourself when you transfer the food to the blender canister.
How We Reviewed
We wanted to bring you a list of the top ten stick blenders and in order to do that, we combed the internet for as much information as we could find. We checked out the blenders' features, their advantages, disadvantages, and customer ratings to find the best blenders. All the research you knew you were going to have to do, in one place.
Stick blenders range from under $20 to over $100 depending on what brand you buy and what features it has.
Top 10 Best Stick Blenders
Now that you know what your blender can be used for let's take a look at the best brands on the market.
- Includes 2-cup food processor, slicing/shredding disc, whisk, 4-cup beaker, and potato masher
- Improved bell and blade design for better performance
- Variable speed control
Cuisinart is a highly respected brand for kitchen tools, and their stick blender is well-made like all of their other products. This blender includes a two-cup food processor, whisk, and potato masher. It also comes with a shredding and slicing disk. The blender has variable speed control, dishwasher safe parts, and a lock/unlock button.
Amazon customers rated this blender 3.8 out of 5-stars. They praised it for delivering perfect mashed potatoes, soups, chopped vegetables and fluffy whipped eggs. Customers said it even chops nuts. However, there are some negative reviews even though most of them are great. Some customers complained that their blender broke and others said it was hard to operate.
- 12-SPEED + TURBO / 800-Wattage All-Copper Motor - Variable speed control with pulse and continuous
- 360° INSTALLATION & DISASSEMBLY / FIXED ROTARY CORE DESIGN- 360° seamless connection attaches with the press of a...
- FIXED ROTARY CORE DESIGN- Will not fall off due to high-speed rotation
The OXA Powerful 4 in 1 Immersion Blender is another great option. This blender has six speeds and a turbo speed. It comes with a food processor, allowing you to make salsa, guacamole, and other delicious recipes.
If you are worried about it splashing, don't. The blender has a splash guard to prevent that annoyance. It is lightweight, but sturdy and has a rubber handle so it is easier to grip. Finally, it is BPA free and dishwasher safe.
Amazon customers rated this product 4.5 out of 5-stars. While most of the reviews are good, the main complaint was that the blender broke quickly.
- Handbuilt in Switzerland with 3 stainless steel interchangeable blades: Aerating blade, Blending blade and Chopping...
- Powerful 150 watt AC motor keeps constant, precise speed under heavy loads. It is energy efficient supplying more power...
- 2 speeds: Low - 9,000 RPM and High - 12,000 RPM with push button control for continuous or pulse action with an...
This product comes in a shiny black color and will make your kitchen look like a professional chef's kitchen. It has three stainless steel interchangeable blades: a blending blade, aerating blade, and a chopping blade. The blender operates at two speeds, can be fully submerged below the speed controls and has a powerful motor that works on thick and heavy food.
Customers rated it 4.3 out of 5-stars. There were not many complaints, but some customers did say they thought the blade was too small and others said it didn't grind things well.
- SOPHISTICATED DESIGN - The ergonomic grip offers a non-slip and comfortable grip when continuously blending ingredients.
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY - The full copper motor withstands continuous use and will last 3X longer than competitor's motors.
- VERSATILITY - The removable blending arm with fixed blade locks into the motor body for easy operation. The stainless...
The feature that sticks out most about this stick blender is the power behind it. 500 Watts of energy paired with 9 separate speed settings make it incredibly powerful. This product comes with a whisk, ergo grip, a copper motor, a stainless steel blade, and a 2-year warranty. The 2-year warranty is important since sometimes blenders may break or need repair.
Amazon customers have rated this blender 4.7 out of 5-stars. There were not many complaints but the biggest one was that it broke in a few months.
- The Removable 8" Blending Arm with Fixed Blade locks into the motor body for easy operation. The stainless steel...
- The soft grip handle offers a non-slip and comfortable grip when continuously blending ingredients.
- The Whisk Attachment can be used to quickly whip egg whites to fluffy peaks and cream or emulsify vinaigrettes and...
Kitchen Aid is a well-known company known for producing a variety of different kitchen appliances. This blender comes with a removable 8-inch blending arm that has a fixed blade that locks into the motor body. It has a stainless steel, S-shaped blade that enables it to make smoothies, baby food, milkshakes and more. It also comes with a whisk attachment that can whip your food perfectly. Additionally, the blender comes with a 3-cup blending jar and lid as well as a chopper attachment.
The KitchenAid blender has a rating of 4.1 out of 5-stars on Amazon. The biggest complaint was that it broke too quickly.
- Bell shaped base, revolutionary shape plus internal ribbing reduces the suction for greater control and efficient...
- Ergonomic pistol like control grip with trigger operation
- 8 inches immersion depth for large quantities or tall pots; Bowl Capacity: 25 ounce Chopper Bowl, 42 ounce Blending Jug
This product comes with a whisk, chopping accessory and hand mixer to blend with. It is ideal for those who want to make small portions of soups, sauce, smoothies, and shakes. The blender has a bell-shaped base that allows for greater control. It also has an 8-inch immersion depth, adjustable speed and prevents scratching of pots.
The Breville blender has a rating of 4.4 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Customers complained that the blender's plastic attachments broke quickly and it broke easily.
- PowerBell Technology - Durable stainless steel blades and unique bell-shaped blending shaft for fast and finer results
- EasyClick ensures all attachments can be removed with one simple click
- Turbo Boost for added power
The Braun hand Blender comes with a whisk, accessories and attachments, and a cup for mixing. The unique part about this item is that you can use the auto crush feature for ice. The power assistance technology which is incorporated in the system allows users to automatically have the blender set to a certain speed. That feature eliminates the need to manually change the power settings on a stick blender.
Braun is known for making other household appliances as well, so this is a brand you can trust. The 30-day free return option with this product enables you to have a worry-free mindset before purchasing.
This blender has a 4.4 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Like the other blenders, people complained that it broke too easily.
- 2-speed 200-watt hand blender with 2 attachments
- Blending wand purees soups, whips milk shakes
- Stainless-steel whisk perfect for batter and whipped cream
This turbo twister stick blender uses hand grips and fast speeds to mix smoothies, make baby food and shakes. This blender is designed for those who want to use it for cooking needs. It has 2-speed settings, a comfy grip, and 200 watts of power. You can puree soups with it, make milkshakes and smoothies. Its whisk makes it perfect for whipping eggs and cream.
The blender has a rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon. The biggest complaint about it was that its slow feature doesn't work well.
- High-performance immersion blender makes quick work of food-prep tasks
- Blend smoothies, puree soup, make baby food, mix cake batter, whip up fresh mayo, chop nuts, and more
- Powerful motor and variable speed control dial with a power and turbo settings, plus pulse for added control
Some would consider this stick blender as being the best on the market. It is a high-performance blender that makes prepping your food easy. The large blending head reduces splatter and its long shaft helps it reach deep into pots and bowls. This immersion blender does it all. You can blend smoothies, make baby food, puree soup, mix batter, make mayo, chop nuts and much more. It has variable speed control and a pulse feature.
This blender has a rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Like the other blenders, customers complained that this one fell apart and stopped working soon after purchase.
- Blend quickly and efficiently with sleek, high-performance immersion blender
- Four-Blade cutting system mixes, purees, chops and crushes with ease
- Durable, stainless-steel blender shaft easily reaches into deep bowls, pots and pitchers - safe for hot/cold foods and...
This stick blender is 210 watts and you get a chopping accessory, whisk, and puree beaker. Parts of this blender can be removed and placed into the dishwasher for easy and efficient cleaning. This product is ideal for those who want to blend different sauces, milkshakes, and smoothies. The blenders rubber, sure-grip handle makes it comfortable to control.
Customers like this blender well enough. It has a rating of 3.3 out of 5-stars, which isn't as great as some of the others on the list, but is pretty decent.
Price & Rating
6 x 8.5 x 13 in
23 x 13 x 25 in
Stainless steel blade; rubber handle
2.5 x 2.5 x 13.5 inches
16.1 x 11.1 x 3.1 inches
2.31 x 2.31 x 15.8 in
2.5 x 3 x 16.25 in
2.2 x 2.2 x 15 in
14.7 x 5.2 x 3.1 in
17.25 x 3 x 3 in
4.7 x 7.5 x 9.4 in
All of the stick blenders on this list would be a great option for your kitchen. They all make smoothies, milkshakes, soups, baby food and other recipes. All of the blenders on the list come with extra stuff and they are all really easy to control. Some of the blenders can chop things as well as blending, that may be something that you want in a blender you choose. Ultimately, you can't go wrong with any stick blender on our list. What you choose for your kitchen depends on what you want to make and how much you want to spend.
Is there an immersion blender that you love but you did not see on our list? Let us know in the comment section below!